Latihan Soal UKK/PAT Bahasa Inggris SMK Kelas X 2020
Berikut ini adalah latihan soal UAS/PAS Genap/UKT Tahun Pelajaran 2019/2020. Ada empat puluh soal (40) soal yang terdiri dari tiga puluh (30) pilihan ganda dan sepuluh (10) soal isian dan uraian.Tuliskan jawaban Anda dikolom komentar.
Section I. Choose the correct answer by crossing A, B, C or D.
Read the text to answer questions number 1 to 5.
To apply for a new driver’s license, come to the local administrative unit where you live in. To do this you have to fulfill the followings:
1) Attaching a copy of your identity card
2) Attaching a certificate of Health from
3) Paying the insurance
4) Filling in the given form
5) Take the driving test
Then bring the form you’ve completed to the license office Monday through Friday between 8.00 a.m. and 2.30 p.m. You will take a written test and a driving test after you fill in other forms from the license office. There will be a fee but not much.
1. What is informed on the text above?
A. Applying a driving license
B. Submitting the application form
C. Registering a driving test
D. Fulfilling the documents
E. Waiting for the driving test
2. What will the people do after he complete the administration requirements?
A. Bring the form to the administrative unit
B. Come to the bank
C. Take the tests
D. Send the documents
E. Wait for the driving license given
3. What is the closest meaning of the word come? (Line 1).
4. Alice : What does your brother do at the weekend?
Elly : He.… He’s fond of surfing.
A. Likes to stay at home
B. Usually goes to the beach
C. Sometimes visits her lover
D. Often hangs out with his friends
E. Never swims at the beach.
5. Taufik : What does Roby do in the morning?
Deni : As I know, every morning he wakes up at 5 o’clock and ….
A. puts on his uniform
B. watched morning news
C. walking around the super market
D. went to the library himself
E. played football with his friends
6. Vera : What does your son do in the afternoon?
Jeany : ….Well, he loves it very much.
A. He is staying at the hotel with me.
B. He has been sleeping for about two hours.
C. He takes football class with his friends.
D. He watched infotainment program.
E. He take a nap for some minutes.
7. Brenda : What does your brother do in his spare time?
Julian : …. because he likes painting very much.
A. He painted the wall.
B. He takes an art class.
C. He visited the art shop.
D. He usually goes to the museum.
E. He went camping.
8. Wina : What do you do on Sunday morning?
Santi : … Seeing blooming flowers make me more relaxed.
A. I watch TV program about farming.
B. I water the plan in the garden.
C. I do some exercises in the gym.
D. I go cycling to the beach.
E. I wrote some articles.
9. Melani : What is your activity during the weekend?
A. I liked to stay at home.
B. I spent my time in the library.
C. I worked in the workshop.
D. I often hang out with my friends.
E. I am reading some books.
10. David usually …. to the book store twice a month.
B. Has attended
11. I …. always …. to the dentist.
A. Do not, go
B. Does not, go
C. Do not, went
D. Does not, went
E. Did not, go
12. When …. you…. a shower?
A. Do, took
B. Do, take
C. Do, taken
D. Do, taking
E. Does, take
13. Nina : How do you go to school?
Amalia : We …. the bus to school.
E. Is riding
14. Banu : When do you do your homework?
A. I have did my homework at 6 p.m.
B. I did my homework at 6 p.m.
C. I do my homework at 6 p.m.
D. I am doing my homework at 6 p.m.
E. I was do my homework at 6 p.m.
15. Vivin : Do you enjoy playing in the park?
Fian : ….
A. No, I doesn’t enjoy playing in the park.
B. No, I no enjoy playing in the park.
C. No, I don’t enjoy playing in the park.
D. No, I don’t enjoys playing in the park.
E. No, I didn’t enjoy playing in the park.
16. Harun : Does he love his mother?
Anita : Yes, ….
A. He love his mother.
B. He loves his mother.
C. He to love his mother.
D. He is loving his mother.
E. He loved his mother.
17. Lexy : What do you suggest for our meal?
Silvia : …. I’m a vegetarian.
A. Let’s have steamed-corn now.
B. I think we can enjoy seafood.
C. Why don’t we try beef steak?
D. What about eating some grilled fish?
E. How about getting some fruits?
18. Passerby : What is the best way to get to the airport from here?
Policeman : …. It’s faster and more comfortable than regular bus.
A. What about going by train?
B. I think you can drive me there.
C. Why don’t you just take a ride?
D. It could be very hard to get it from here.
E. How about catching the bus?
19. Cyntia : I’m having problem with my printer. It won’t start.
Technician : Have you checked the connection? ….
A. You could help me fix it.
B. The program is being closed.
C. There is no problem with me.
D. The cords might be unplugged.
E. I can help you check it.
20. Daniel : This place is too noisy. I need to find a quiet one to finish my tasks.
Sinta : … You can also find many references there.
A. Why don’t you take a rest?
B. I could meet you in your office.
C. You should turn on the radio.
D. How about the library?
E. What about reading in the veranda?
21. Anton : What’s the best way to learn to speak English?
Ferry : …. It’s faster and more applicable than just taking regular English course.
A. Why don’t you practice a lot?
B. Let’s try do a lot of exercises.
C. You’d better go to the origin countries of the language.
D. How about learning new vocabulary from dictionary.
E. What about watching movies?
22. Hey Sita,….going star gazing tonight.
A. Are you
B. How about
C. Shall them
D. Would you like to
E. Can you
23. Carly : I can't, I am low on cash right now. ….stay at home and watch TV instead.
A. How about
C. What about
D. I think
E. I don’t think
24. Nirmala : What shall we do today?
Riana : .... we go to the library.
A. Shall I
C. Why don't
D. Would you
25. Carly : I submitted my essay to the teacher few days ago, but I haven't received any response from her.
Edo : …. go and ask her?
A. Shall us
B. I'll do
C. Why don't you
D. I propose
E. I would like to
26. Ryan : Can you tell me how to get to the nearest restaurant?
Hani : …. maybe you can ask the policeman over there.
A. Yes, there is one across the street
B. Next to library
C. Behind the hotel
D. I’m sorry. I don’t live here
E. Sorry, I’m in a hurry
27. Fino : Can you tell me where Doni’s house is?
Nanda : Just go along Mulawarman Street.
From the dialogue we know that ….
A. Nanda knows where Doni’s house is.
B. They will go to Doni’s house.
C. Fino knows where Doni’s house.
D. Nanda doesn’t know where Doni’s house.
E. Fino has already known Doni’s house.
28. Fino : Can you tell me where Doni’s house is?
Nanda : Just go along Mulawarman Street.
The underlined expression expresses….
A. Asking direction
B. Giving direction
D. Asking opinion
E. Asking for suggestion
29. Stranger : Excuse me ….where is the nearest post office?
Carly : Follow this way until second traffic light. It is on your left beside Padang restaurant.
The suitable expression to complete the dialogue is ….
A. Can I help you find
B. Could I tell you the way?
C. Could you come with me?
D. Could you show me?
E. Would you like to?
30. Hendry : Can you tell me how to get to the nearest hospital?
Nadine : Yes,….
The suitable expression to complete the dialogue is ….
A. There is one across the street.
B. I don’t know exactly.
C. It's this way.
D. I’m sorry. I don’t live here.
E. I don’t think so.
Section II. Answer the following questions based on the special instruction in each number.
31. Fill in the blanks with the suitable form of verbs in Present Form (Verb 1).
I always ….(1) early in the morning at 04.00 a.m. I …. (2) at 05.00. I have breakfast at 6 o'clock. I always ….(3) tea. I …. (4) to school at 06.00 a.m. I usually go to school by motorcycle. I always go to school about 60 minutes before my class starts. When I …. (5) at my school I always park my motorcycle at the parking area. My class lesson …. (6) at 07.00 a.m.
It’s a lunch time and I decide buy lunch with my friends. After my class is over, I …. (7) home at 16.00 except on Fridays. I usually ….(8) some books for the next morning lesson in the evening. and then ….(9) some books and then watch TV for a while. I usually ….(10) to bed at 22.00 p.m.
32. Put the correct forms of the regular and irregular verbs below.
Present Form (Verb 1)
Past Form (Verb 2)
Past Participle (Verb 3)
33. Use the verbs in the third column of question number 32 to write sentences using Past Perfect Tense.
34. There are some grammatical errors in the sentences below. Find the errors and rewrite the correct ones.
1. Shall we do have an online meeting on afternoon Sunday?
2. Shall home we go now?
3. You should finish you homework today?
35. Respond to the suggestions and offers below.
1. Nina : Why don’t we meet at the bookstore tomorrow at 3 o’clock?
Noni : ….
2. Anton : Would you like me to do the ironing for you?
Budi : …..
3. Ana : I think we should go and pick your father from the airport.
Bennie : ….
36. Complete the following table with examples of asking for, giving, accepting and declining suggestions.
37. Make a dialogue about offering and responding to suggestions.
38. Read this passage. Rewrite the bold printed phrases and draw the pictures of the traffic signs.
When I was a student of elementary school, I went to Jakarta for the first time. I went there with my friends by bus. I wondered to see many traffic signs along the trip. The first sign which I saw was that drivers must wear their seat belt. My father showed it to me while he was explaining the meaning of it. When passing a school zone, I found the second sign which means a school crosswalk ahead. Then, the car was running slowly when I saw a sign of road work ahead. Some minutes later, I heard a bell, saw flashing lights ahead and a sign of railway crossing beside the road. Later, I saw a train pass. When we passed a countryside, the road was hilly. There, I saw a sign of steep hill ahead.
39. Write 3 (three) expressions of asking for direction and location.
40. Make a dialogue about asking for and giving direction or location.